← Back to Careers
Wholesale Order Entry
Founded in Oakville, California in 1885 and restored in 1979, Far Niente Family of Wineries and Vineyards is consistently recognized as a benchmark producer of Napa Valley Chardonnay and Oakville Estate Cabernet Sauvignon. A dedication to winemaking in its highest form, paired with a focus on house style, vineyard ownership, social responsibility, and legendary hospitality, has established Far Niente as one of the world's great wine estates.
Join our Finance team managing the orders for our Wholesale sales team. Incumbent is responsible for the receiving, processing, confirming, and invoicing of customer sales orders for the National & International Wholesale team in a timely and accurate manner. The successful candidate will be highly detailed oriented, solutions-oriented, and organized with a high-touch customer service-oriented approach, appropriate for a portfolio of luxury brands.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing, processing, and submitting, and confirming orders received from the wholesale distributors and international customers daily. Including seeking necessary approvals from inventory manager and/or sales managers.
- Provides timely and attentive customer service to both internal and external customers. Strives to resolve problems quickly and efficiently. With communication skills representative of a luxury brand.
- Assists the sales team in researching and resolving issues at the request of the sales team and the carriers.
- Assists in the management of the accounts receivable including all invoicing, credit memos, and researching any discrepancies and applying payments to accounts when received.
- Entering new item entry forms, and related compliance information, for distributors and Sales Managers.
- Possesses a strong attention to detail to ensure the accuracy of the work performed.
- Works in a self-directed manner with limited supervision.
- Invoicing of shipped orders daily.
- Processing, submitting, and scheduling of inventory transfers between all internal and external inventory locations in a timely and accurate manner.
- Processing of credit memos and invoices for inventory transfers between National Distributors.
- Demonstrates ownership of job responsibilities through focus, determination, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrates an attitude of teamwork by working collaboratively with peers to identify positive solutions to problem or issues.
- Displays trust in their actions, having the confidence to know that we are all working for the benefit of each other.
- Brings forward ideas for improvement and ways to increase efficiency. Is open to new ideas and positive change.
- Strives to elevate their performance and welcomes feedback. Is receptive to changing needs and priorities.
- Demonstrates respect for peers and colleagues, embraces differences and strives for understanding.
- Shows care and responsibility for the resources that have been provided to them and aids in our efforts for social responsibility and being environmentally conscious.
- Acts with integrity, honesty, and fairness, working towards achieving personal achievement rather than public attention.
- Demonstrates pride in their work while striving for excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Accounting, Finance, or closely related discipline preferred.
- 3+ years of closely related work experience.
- Intermediate level skill of MS Excel.
- Normal office environment.
A dedication to winemaking in its highest form, paired with a focus on house style, vineyard ownership, social responsibility and legendary hospitality, has established Far Niente as one of the world's great wine estates and provided the foundation for growth of our other varietals.
Over the years, five exceptional wineries have been proudly added to the Far Niente Family of Wineries and Vineyards: Established in 1989, Dolce is the only American winery dedicated to producing a single late harvest wine. Our second Oakville winery, Nickel & Nickel, focuses on 100-percent varietal, single-vineyard wines from some of Napa Valley’s finest vineyard appellations. In 2007, we launched EnRoute, which is committed to crafting focused, textured Pinot Noir from the Russian River Valley. Bella Union specializes in creating a single Cabernet Sauvignon from carefully selected Napa Valley vineyards. And our latest launch, Post and Beam, represents craftsmanship, tradition, legacy and purity in winemaking.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
Date Posted: July 19 2022