← Back to Careers
Maintenance Technician III
Maintenance Technician III, Far Niente Wine Estates
Founded in Oakville, California in 1885 and restored in 1979, Far Niente is consistently recognized as a benchmark producer of Napa Valley Chardonnay and Oakville Estate Cabernet Sauvignon.
Join our Company which is rich in history and stature.
Our team is expanding to support our growing portfolio. We are seeking a Highly Skilled Maintenance Technician, Level III to support winery and hospitality operations across our portfolio of estates. The ideal candidate will have strong electrical, mechanical, and HVAC skills, including periodic maintenance, troubleshooting, and system automation. Previous winery experience is desired but not required.
You will be successful in this role while performing these essential responsibilities:
- Able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines as directed.
- Daily, conducts a complete walk through of the properties to do a visual check of all buildings and equipment to ensure all is in good working order.
- Monitor and maintain the cleanliness of the interior and exterior of the properties to company’s standards.
- Conduct facility maintenance as needed to ensure all equipment is in optimal working order.
- Identify and perform repairs, modifications and preventative maintenance on buildings and facilities, equipment, fixtures, and systems. Includes HVAC, carpentry, painting, electrical and other related areas.
- Utilizes the departmental checklists on a weekly, and monthly basis, to audit and document current condition and any repairs needed for key pieces of machinery. Checklists to be signed off on and provided to the manager.
- Follow the direction of the Facilities Manager to ensure the tasks are completed in accordance with the specific instructions for efficiency and safely.
- Assist with installation of electrical equipment, wiring, and minor plumbing repairs.
- Assisted in maintaining all related compliance records.
- Delegate tasks to other team members, ensuring their understanding and competence of the task assigned.
- Ensures compliance to all regulatory agencies such as FDA, OSHA as well as in accordance to standard operating procedures.
Our organizational culture is built upon a strong foundation of shared commitments:
- Demonstrates ownership of job responsibilities through focus, determination, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrates an attitude of teamwork by working collaboratively with peers to identify positive solutions to problems or issues.
- Displays trust in their actions, having the confidence to know that we are all working for the benefit of each other.
- Brings forward ideas for improvement and ways to increase efficiency. Is open to new ideas and positive change.
- Strives to elevate their performance and welcomes feedback. Is receptive to changing needs and priorities.
- Demonstrates respect for peers and colleagues, embraces differences and strives for understanding.
- Shows care and responsibility for the resources that have been provided to them and aids in our efforts for social responsibility and being environmentally conscious.
- Acts with integrity, honesty, and fairness, working towards achieving personal achievement rather than public attention.
- Demonstrates pride in their work while striving for excellence.
You will be qualified for this role if you met these requirements:
- Previous experience of 3 years in a similar role.
- Have experience with trades such as plumbing, and HVAC. Ability to install, test and maintain electrical equipment. Work with ladders, scaffolding and other equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid CA driver’s license
There are some physical requirements, that our large estate requires:
- Exposure to dust, heat, cold, fumes and chemicals.
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs.
- Standing, walking on uneven ground, pushing, and pulling, fine dexterity.
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs.
Pay Ranch: $25 - $30
More about our Story:
A dedication to winemaking in its highest form, paired with a focus on house style, vineyard ownership, social responsibility and legendary hospitality, has established Far Niente as one of the world's great wine estates and provided the foundation for growth of our other varietals.
Over the years, five exceptional wineries have been proudly added to the Far Niente Family of Wineries and Vineyards: Established in 1989, Dolce is the only American winery dedicated to producing a single late harvest wine. Our second Oakville winery, Nickel & Nickel, focuses on 100-percent varietal, single-vineyard wines from some of Napa Valley’s finest vineyard appellations. In 2007, we launched EnRoute, which is committed to crafting focused, textured Pinot Noir from the Russian River Valley. Bella Union specializes in creating a single Cabernet Sauvignon from carefully selected Napa Valley vineyards. And our latest launch, Post and Beam, represents craftsmanship, tradition, legacy and purity in winemaking.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
Date Posted: 7/21/2023