← Back to Careers
I.T. Infrastructure Manager
I.T. Infrastructure Manager, Far Niente Wine Estates
Founded in Oakville, California in 1885 and restored in 1979, Far Niente is consistently recognized as a benchmark producer of Napa Valley Chardonnay and Oakville Estate Cabernet Sauvignon.
Join our Company which is rich in history and stature.
Our team is expanding to support our growing portfolio. The I.T. Infrastructure Manager will provide technical support to the company for all computer needs and manage the company’s outsourced IT vendor. The incumbent will be responsible for companywide hardware and application infrastructure.
You will be successful in this role while performing these essential responsibilities:
- Overseeing of the entire network infrastructure, with responsibilities that include server, (Azure, Cloud and On Prem) upkeep, security upgrades, planning all infrastructure upgrades or changes, managing contracts with vendors.
- Responsible for managing the development, maintenance and technical support of the network, servers, telecom, and operating systems.
- Install and maintain company servers, desktop computers, notebook computers, smart phones, peripherals, printers, etc. Keep current inventory of all devices and maintain current licenses.
- Works with facilities, maintenance, and operations on managing LAN-connected or standalone two-way radio systems, including being primary point of contact with radio systems vendor, troubleshooting and resolving minor issues, inventory of hardware, FCC registration of site licenses and maintenance of system hardware.
- Oversee Solar-PV monitoring systems at FN and N&N. Coordinating efforts between our solar O&M vendor and our IT vendor on vetting, installing, and curating new “overall” and “string level” monitoring systems. Upon establishing, ensure reporting dashboards are operating normally on a daily basis. Provide onsite troubleshooting of data reporting systems, troubleshooting recurring network connectivity issues, and enlisting the support of West Coast Solar or Endsight to resolve more substantial issues.
Our organizational culture is built upon a strong foundation of shared commitments:
- Takes ownership of job responsibilities through focus, determination, and attention to detail. Works to elevate the performance of their team.
- Works as a member of a highly functioning team. Maintains professional and respectful dialogue with peers to collaboratively identify positive outcome. Communicates regularly and provides support and mentorship.
- Displays trust in their actions, having the confidence to know that we are all working for the benefit of each other.
- Creates an environment where their team is encouraged to bring forward ideas for improvement and ways to increase efficiency. Is personally open to new ideas, respectful debate, and positive change.
- Strives to elevate their performance and that of their team. Is nimble to the changing needs and priorities of the organization.
- Represents the organization professionally through effective communication and follow through. Serves as a role model for their peers and colleagues, values difference and strives for understanding.
- Shows care and responsibility for the resources that have been provided to them and aids in our efforts for social responsibility and being environmentally conscious.
- Demonstrates integrity, honesty, and fairness in their interactions, working towards achieving personal achievement rather than public attention.
- Assists their team in achieving the best outcomes. Demonstrates pride and provides relevant expectations and accountability.
You will be qualified for this role if you met these requirements:
- 5+ years of IT support work experience in a similar sized company (75+/- users)
- Experience managing new hardware and software implementation projects with attention to budget and timeline.
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail and deadline oriented.
This position is not a remote position, as your talents are needed on site. There are some physical requirements, that our large estate requires:
- Ability to stand, ascend and descend stairs.
More about our Story:
A dedication to winemaking in its highest form, paired with a focus on house style, vineyard ownership, social responsibility and legendary hospitality, has established Far Niente as one of the world's great wine estates and provided the foundation for growth of our other varietals.
Over the years, five exceptional wineries have been proudly added to the Far Niente Family of Wineries and Vineyards: Established in 1989, Dolce is the only American winery dedicated to producing a single late harvest wine. Our second Oakville winery, Nickel & Nickel, focuses on 100-percent varietal, single-vineyard wines from some of Napa Valley’s finest vineyard appellations. In 2007, we launched EnRoute, which is committed to crafting focused, textured Pinot Noir from the Russian River Valley. Bella Union specializes in creating a single Cabernet Sauvignon from carefully selected Napa Valley vineyards. And our latest launch, Post and Beam, represents craftsmanship, tradition, legacy, and purity in winemaking.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
Date Posted: 5/18/2023